At the October meeting of the Parish Council 4 councillors, Cecil Allard (Chairman), Barry Abson, Linda Rushton and John Steele were appointed to the Great Waldingfield Steering Group (GWSG). The main purpose of GWSG is:
- to oversee the preparation of the Neighbourhood Plan (NP) for Great Waldingfield in order that these will then progress to Independent Examination and a successful community referendum and ultimately be adopted by Babergh District Council to become planning policy.
- to engage with the local community to ensure that the NP is truly representative of the ambitions of Great Waldingfield. The Group will maximise support for the approach taken in the NP by ensuring high levels of community engagement throughout the plan-making process.
The full Terms of Reference for the GWSG can be seen on the left.
Following the resignation of Carol Hutchison there are now 4 resident members of the GWPS, Clare Kiely, Renuka Baldwin, Roger Knight and Keith Watson joining the members from the Parish Council. The Steering Group are still looking for members to join the Support Team to:
- assist the steering group
- help distribute information to residents in the parish
- help to collate the residents' responses from surveys issued during the development of the plan.
Whilst some tasks may call upon your time on a reasonably regular basis, most tasks will be short and require your occasional help. If you can offer your time for any of these roles please email Dave Crimmin.